The Near Westside Initiative of Syracuse New York seeks a Community Prosperity Initiative AmeriCorps VISTA.
The Near Westside Initiative (NWSI) combines the power of art, technology, and innovation with neighborhood values and culture to revitalize Syracuse’s Near Westside.
It has leveraged $70 million in capital investment to create over 300 full time jobs while renovating more than 60 homes and 300,000 square feet of commercial space. The NWSI VISTA will assist in fostering a stronger and more connected business and entrepreneurial environment by:
- Identify opportunities where the Near Westside Initiative (NWSI) can assist businesses and potential entrepreneurs to invest in their properties, plans, and ideas, within the neighborhood;
- Assist the NWSI Business Association in determining their needs, goals, and strategies to develop a robust organization in partnership with other neighborhood business associations in Syracuse;
- Assist CenterState CEO in recruiting for their workforce and entrepreneurial development programs to neighborhood partners and residents;
- Evaluate current workforce development, business development, and physical revitalization efforts in other neighborhoods to identify opportunities for partnership with other neighborhood-based and community-wide organizations; and
- Assist in other NWSI programs and projects on an ongoing basis.
VISTAs will also engage the other partner sites and assist in building processes to harness opportunities for collaboration.
The AmeriCorps VISTA program offers benefits including the following. Additional information can be found on the VISTA Campus website.
- $973/month Living Allowance
- End of Service Education Award or Stipend
- Personal and Medical Leave
- Health Benefits
- Relocation Travel Allowance