The City of Camden, South Carolina is now accepting applications for a Main Street SC Program Manager. The Main Street South Carolina Program follows the National Main Street America’s “Four Point Approach” – Organization, Promotion, Design and Economic Restructuring utilizing historic preservation as an integral foundation for downtown economic development. A full time position, the Main Street Manager will be responsible for coordinating marketing, communications, promotional and collaboration initiatives in conjunction with the City of Camden’s acceptance into the Main Street South Carolina program – a cooperative effort between the City, downtown district businesses and property owners, and other stakeholders, to revitalize, market, and promote downtown Camden.
Job Knowledge and Skills Required : The candidate must have education and experience appropriate to the responsibilities with emphasis on marketing and communications, public administration, non-profit or volunteer administration, hospitality / retail marketing management, or small business development. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills along with documented experience writing promotional content for various communications platforms is required. Demonstrated mathematical, computer and website management skills are essential. CRM database usage and prior experience with a Main Street Program preferred.Prior experience with a Main Street Program is preferred.
He/she will be responsible for the development, execution, and documentation of the Main Street Program and related public events within the boundaries of the program. The Main Street Manager will serve as the principal on-site staff person responsible for implementing and coordinating all program activities locally, and elsewhere as appropriate.
Duties: The Main Street Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate activity of and provide support to the Main Street Program team and any task forces formed to assist in attracting and maintaining business activity that creates new jobs and adds to our tax base.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Main Street Program team, downtown economic development strategies coordinated with the City’s overall economic development vision.
- Develop and implement an annual action plan focused on four areas of organization; promotion, design, and economic development.
- Develop and conduct ongoing public awareness and education programs designed to enhance appreciation of the downtown’s key assets. Use speaking engagements, media interviews, and personal appearances to keep the program in the public eye.
- Coordinate communications and activities with local businesses to encourage improvements in the downtown district and carry out joint activities such as promotional events, advertising, uniform store hours, special events and business recruitment.
- Develop and maintain web page and data systems to track the processes and progress of the Main Street Program. These systems will include the Main Street Directory and the annual vacancy survey.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Main Street Program, including maintaining local Main Street program records and reports, technical resource files and libraries, and regular reports for Camden’s Main Street Program team, City staff leadership, and others as directed.
- The Main Street Manager monitors the annual project budget and maintains financial records.
Camden’s Main Street SC Program functions as a City department. The Main Street Program Manager will report to the City’s Economic Development Director. Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative and well organized marketing professional capable of functioning effectively in a very interactive and collaborative environment.
Apply by December 9, 2016
Photo credit: ourworldpages.com