On January 11, 2021, Sustain Our Great Lakes announced its 2021 Request for Proposals, which offers $8.5 million in grant funding to sustain, restore and protect fish, wildlife and habitat, improve water quality and enhance urban greenspace.
The 2021 Request for Proposals, will offer $8.5 million in grant funding to:
- Restore and enhance stream and riparian habitat
- Restore and enhance coastal systems
- Expand green stormwater infrastructure in Great Lakes communities
- Maintain and enhance benefits of habitat restoration through invasive species control
- Restore and preserve natural areas and biodiversity in Wisconsin’s Lake Michigan watershed
General Mills will be joining as a new partner in 2021. Support from General Mills, along with continued investment from the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), will fund projects under the new regenerative agriculture category for the upcoming 2021 grant slate.
Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and state, tribal and local governments.
Pre-Proposals are due February 16, 2021.
Photo of sandhill cranes via Adobe Stock.