The Sustain Our Great Lakes program of the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation is soliciting proposals to for projects that will help restore fish, wildlife, habitat and water quality in the Great Lakes basin.
Approximately $8.26 million is expected to be available for grant awards.
The program will award grants in 2020 to improve and enhance:
- stream and riparian habitat;
- coastal wetland habitat; and
- water quality in the Great Lakes and its tributaries.
In 2020, grant funding will be awarded in these categories:
- Restore and Enhance Stream and Riparian Habitat;
- Restore and Enhance Coastal Wetlands;
- Expand Green Stormwater Infrastructure in Great Lakes Communities; and,
- Maintain and Enhance Benefits of Habitat Restoration through Invasive Species Control
- New in 2020: Restore and Preserve Natural Areas and Biodiversity in Wisconsin’s Lake Michigan Watershed
To be eligible for funding, projects must occur within the Great Lakes basin. Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and state, tribal and local governments.
Pre-Proposal Due Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 by 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Full Proposal Due Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020 by 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Photo via Adobe Stock.
Details about this funding opportunity are provided in the Request for Proposals.