Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco has an 11 month AmeriCorps position available, beginning September 2015.
You will play an important role in deepening our affiliate’s community impact through the Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) program and support our efforts, repairing homes and community facilities and improving community green spaces.
Through outreach, the member will support the NR’s objective of partnering with local organizations, listening to the community’s needs, and completing projects to address those needs. The member will outreach to local organizations and individuals in underserved communities with few organizations geared towards needed home and facility repairs.
In 2015-2016, our NR program is slated for rapid growth, aiming to complete 40 essential home repair/weatherization and community facility repairs, and 20 park/community garden events. We will address deferred maintenance issues for long-time homeowners (primarily seniors) and complete community improvement projects to allow facilities, parks and gardens to more effectively serve members of the community.
This is an AmeriCorps National Direct position.
Habitat AmeriCorps commit to 11 months of full-time service and receive the following benefits:
– Living allowance of $12,100
– A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($5,550)
– Healthcare benefits while in service
– Childcare assistance while in service
– Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
– In addition, Habitat Greater San Francisco provides a $600 monthly rental stipend to supplement living costs.