The United States is about to enter a period of investment in its cities and infrastructure that will be measured in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
How can we best ensure these investments are most effective in their effort to renew America’s cities, re-invigorate downtowns and neighbourhoods, modernize services and grow the economy for all Americans?
To look at these vital national questions, CityAge is proud to be organizing the next edition of our Summit on the New American City in Washington, DC on June 13 and 14, 2017.
CityAge: The New American City will explore the investments, partnerships and ideas that will be essential for the United States’ future success.
Major themes will be:
- What infrastructure should we be building and rebuilding?
- What are the partnership models to fully leverage public investment?
- What are the new technologies and systems that need to be imbedded in future investments in urban infrastructure and cities?
- How to take the red-tape out of building infrastructure, to ensure a rapid infusion of funds, while still ensuring for excellent design?
- Sharing prosperity: What cities and sectors should be targets of investment? How do we choose?
- Building urban resiliency: threats such as drought, sea level rise, superstorms, wild fires and even terrorism must be factored into all future city building. How do we do that?
- How to ensure we train the workforce that will be necessary to overcome current shortages in skilled workers.
This 35th edition of CityAge will be held at the National Press Club.
Photo credit: Storm Cunningham