You can apply for EU funding to carry out a project focusing on smart cities, smart energy systems or renewable fuels. The calls are open under the 2018-2020 Horizon Work Programme, and have a total budget of €138.3 million.
The funding falls into five categories:
- Developing and testing solutions for smart cities and communities;
- Developing and demonstrating integrated local energy systems (energy islands);
- Decarbonising energy systems of geographical islands;
- Large-scale demonstrations of innovative grid services;
- Demonstrating cost-effective advanced biofuel pathways in retrofitted industrial installations.
The deadline for submissions is April 5, 2018.