The 2016 Great Lakes Adaptation Forum will bring together hundreds of practitioners and researchers from across the Great Lakes region of Canada and the United States for 3 days of sharing climate adaptation and resilience solutions and products in an engaged learning program.
Exciting, high energy sessions include:
- Ignite speakers
- Working groups
- Hands-on trainings
- Presentations and panel discussions
- Sharing Across Sectors
The 2016 Forum theme, A Network of Networks, reflects the opportunity and challenge we face in advancing climate research, adaptation, and resilience in the Great Lakes region.
As climate change efforts are taken up across a diversity of sectors and disciplines, the need to share practices within and across our areas of expertise is more necessary than ever.
The 2016 Forum will engage climate adaptation practitioners and researchers working in:
- Natural resource management
- Enhancing the resilience of vulnerable populations
- Public health
- Urban resilience and neighborhood-level planning
- Tribal Adaptation planning
- Great Lakes and water resources
- Financial instruments, economics, and insurance
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 – 8:00 am to Friday, October 7, 2016 – 2:00 pm
Location: University of Michigan Palmer Commons, 100 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109