Restore Oregon is a statewide 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1977 and a partner of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Our mission is to preserve, reuse, and pass forward Oregon’s historic resources to ensure livable, sustainable communities. Information on the breadth of our activities can be found at RestoreOregon.org.
Our office environment is suited to self-directed, positive, entrepreneurial individuals who are collaborative, adept at multi-tasking, and possess a contagious enthusiasm for saving historic places and revitalizing Main Streets.
The Development Director’s primary role is to develop and execute a strategy for securing financial and other resources sufficient to support Restore Oregon’s mission and strategic plan. The role is executed in close coordination with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Partner with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to enhance community visibility and establish donor relations.
- Develop, implement, and achieve both short and long-term fund development plans to meet the operating and program needs of Restore Oregon.
- Research and develop strategies and/or campaigns to secure annual gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations, and promote planned giving and bequests.
- Manage current and prospective donor information and cultivation.
- Represent Restore Oregon at speaking engagements and other development functions as deemed necessary.
- Identify and oversee development and execution of both Restore Oregon and third party special events that are innovative, mission compatible, and provide significant financial return to Restore Oregon.
- Identify and build a base of sponsors and donors (i.e. underwriters, exhibitors) for events.
- Identify grant funding opportunities; write or coordinate grant applications.
- Partner with the Executive Director to define a marketing strategy to build statewide awareness of and support for Restore Oregon’s mission.
- Oversee development of marketing materials including brochures, social media, public relations and website.
Email cover letter and resume by June 22nd to Peggy Moretti at peggym@RestoreOregon.org