The city of Caldwell, Idaho seeks an Economic Development Specialist.
Description: Creates and manages the expansion of the economic base and vitality of the City; develops and manages economic development projects with an emphasis on retail and commercial economic development; develops and manages programs to support redevelopment; revitalizes downtown, recruits and retains businesses, and develops tools and strategies with the City and community partners to serve and attract a varied commercial base and sustainable employment opportunities in the city; thinks strategically, develops goals, sets timelines and milestones, and meets deliverables; serves as a primary point of contact for Economic Development; and performs related work as required.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or a closely related field; and
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively professional level experience either working in high-level management in the private sector in land use planning, community or business development, project management, owned or managed own company, or has executive level experience with a governmental entity performing related recruitment and retention of business interests; or
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Completion of the EDI (Economic Development Institute) program preferred.
• Master’s Degree is preferred.