The Economic Development Department – Redevelopment Division is rebuilding key assets of the city and administering public-private redevelopment agreements that support mixed-use project development and downtown redevelopment.
Currently, several projects have entered active design and construction phases requiring increased levels of developmental involvement. The Redevelopment Division is well versed in developing various partnerships using a variety of financing mechanisms that result in the implementation of large catalyst projects that translate vision into reality.
Under the general direction of the Economic Development Department Deputy Director, the Redevelopment Division Manager provides leadership and management of the City’s redevelopment programs and services and facilitates collaboration of all invested parties to ensure success of these programs and services.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following:
• Develops and manages redevelopment programs, services, and budgets.
• Recommends short and long-term strategies for promoting redevelopment of underutilized tracts of land.
• Develops, collaborates and implements financing techniques.
• Advises and prepares reports for the Deputy Director, Director, and City Management on policies, procedures, issues, opportunities, and status of redevelopment activities.
• Coordinates the development, evaluation, and monitoring of project plans, performance measures, City bid documents, and service contracts.
• Recommends consultant services.
• Assist in the negotiation of development agreements with developers and other parties.
• Coordinates redevelopment activities involving other City departments, citizen groups, property owners, developers, regulatory agencies, and federal and state agencies.
• Fosters and maintains a favorable public image for the City’s Redevelopment Program.
• Prepares and makes presentations to Department and City Management, public committees, commissions, and groups.
• Remains current on practices and financial tools.
• Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Austin offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The salary range for the position is $77, 950 to $117, 800.