The Traditional Building Show will take place at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, Florida on December 1 & 2, 2021.
The curriculum will include:
- Rehabbing Urban Spaces;
- Understanding “Green” Products and Their Application in Historic Restoration/Renovation;
- Mitigating Heat Loss and Sound Transmission with Storm Windows;
- Hurricane Codes for Exterior Wood Doors;
- New Technologies for Old Buildings;
- Florida Architectural History; and
- Building Codes for Affordable Housing.
Coral Gables, Florida is a city renowned for its thoughtful planning and stunning Spanish/Mediterranean style architecture. Coral Gables was built by a poet.
It’s a city built for walking, particularly the strip of upscale retailers and restaurants along Coral Way, known as “Miracle Mile.”
You can inspect the array of traditional building materials and methods, then cool off in the Coral Gables Venetian Pool. Also located near Miracle Mile and Ponce de Leon Boulevard is the Douglas Entrance and the Biltmore Hotel, our conference’s historic venue.