On March 24, 2022 in Memphis, Tennessee, the City (by and through its Division of Housing and Community Development (HCD)) announced the availability of a redevelopment opportunity on 19 acres of cleared and graded, city-owned land.
The site is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Austin PeayHighway and Yale Road, in the Raleigh community, north of the city core of Memphis.
This is a unique site, unlike anything else available in this part of Memphis, with an almost pastoral setting, providing an opportunity for a mixed-use, live-work-play development.
The Request for Proposal (RFP) is intended to provide an opportunity for interested developers to demonstrate their similar experience, capacity, and interest to create a residential, commercial or mixed-use development on the site that is consistent with the City’s vision. The development should create a unique place where people can live, gather, shop, eat, and recreate, building on the amenities of the adjacent Raleigh Springs Civic Center.
The Raleigh Springs Civic Center is a $42 million redevelopment that has transformed what was a blighted, aging, and largely vacant enclosed shopping mall into a state-of-the-art community resource serving hundreds of thousands of city employees and visitors annually.
Direct public investment includes:
- New office for Memphis Police Department’s Traffic Division and local precinct;
- New branch library;
- New 11-acre lake with fountains for aesthetic and storm water detention purposes;
- New championship-grade skatepark with full lighting;
- New 1-mile walking trail around lake with full lighting and complimentary City Wi-Fi; and
- Construction of City motor vehicle fleet repair shop (upcoming).
Proposal Submission Deadline: June 15, 2022.
Photo of skate park at Raleigh Springs Civic Center courtesy of the City of Memphis/Jeffrey Jacobs.