On July 27, 2020, City of St. Petersburg, Florida published an RFP (request for proposals) seeking redevelopment partners on an opportunity of unusual potential: 86 acres of publicly-owned land nestled in the middle of the city.
With one of the most vibrant and walkable downtowns in the nation, the Tropicana Field site represents a redevelopment opportunity unlike any other in the Southeast U.S..
The City of St. Petersburg has dedicated a minimum of $75 million for infrastructure development of the site with plans to partner with a development team to create a multi-use city center that reflects the diverse and rich culture of St. Petersburg and adheres to principals developed through community engagement, including Smart Cities, sustainability, and a healthy community.
In the last decade, St. Pete has experienced an exhilarating renaissance. Recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing cites and named one of the top places to start and grow a business – St. Pete’s economic indicators strengthen each year.
This redevelopment opportunity comes on the heels of the completion of the highly anticipated, world-class, $93 million St. Pete Pier project. The Tropicana Field site presents endless possibilities to take this city on the rise to the next level.
Five reasons the Tropicana Field Site in St. Pete, Florida is the Southeast’s largest and most unique development opportunity of the decade:
- 86 acres of publicly owned land in the middle of a bustling city, where economic indicators are booming;
- Local city government dedicating $75 million for infrastructure development;
- Located in the “Sunshine City”, Opportunity Zone and Tax Increment Financing District;
- Strong workforce proposition through population growth and desire of millennials to locate here; and
- Proximate to St. Pete’s higher education hub, the South’s largest marine science center and Florida’s largest financial services cluster.
Proposals are due by January 15, 2021.
Photo courtesy of City of St. Petersburg.