The Save the Tygart Watershed Association, Inc. seeks qualifications for a licensed remediation specialist to enroll the Carr China Property through the West Virginia Voluntary Remediation Program and provide plans, specifications, and contract documents for the site’s cleanup and development.
Proposals will be evaluated upon the following criteria:
- Technical competence;
- Experience with risk management on metals and hydrocarbons contaminated sites;
- Experience with Brownfield redevelopment of recreational sites;
- Experience with the West Virginia Voluntary Remediation Program;
- Experience with carrying out EPA Brownfields program projects;
- Clarity of communication in submitted materials; and,
- Availability to work in the timeline provided.
Attention is directed to the fact that the proposed project is to be undertaken through various state and federal government grants (including a USEPA Brownfields Grant) and loans, and that all work shall be performed in accordance with the regulations issued by those agencies.
STTWA is not obligated to enter into a contract based on any proposal submitted in response to this document.
Deadline for Qualifications: 8/22/2019
Photo (courtesy of CarrChinaCompany.com) shows china shards left on the property some 60 years ago.
Questions? Contact Dr. Kelley Flaherty at SaveTheTygartWatershed@gmail.com