Does it feel like every time you walk downtown one more storefront is vacant?
Combating the downward momentum of vacancy and neglect is no easy feat.
This Community Matters article lists eleven ideas for spurring investment in downtown businesses that can put your town on a path toward revitalization:
- Establish a business-to-business marketplace.
- Host a pitchfest.
- Launch a Downtown Development Revolving Loan Fund.
- Organize a “Let’s Paint the Town” initiative.
- Offer co-working space for startups and telecommuters.
- Create a community investment cooperative.
- Link downtown businesses through technology.
- Build a local investing network.
- Put together a nearby gift registry.
- Start a community email list.
- Establish a Main Street, LLC.