If you are exploring, operating, funding or supporting social enterprises and the environment they operate in, we invite you to the Social Enterprise World Forum, SEWF 2016, in Hong Kong on September 25-27, 2016.
Social enterprise is our tool to build healthy communities and vibrant local economies – and SEWF 2016 is the global platform to share your story, learn from colleagues, and celebrate together our struggles and our successes.
Whether you are using social enterprise to end poverty in urban ghettos, build secure food systems in remote rural areas, promote Indigenous culture, meet health needs, create employment opportunities for those with barriers, and address economic inequities and social exclusion, SEWF is an opportunity for you.
Why SEWF when we are all so really busy at the local level, and we know many globalization efforts are the detriment to a community and its economy. Because SEWF turns globalization on its head – we use our worldwide forum to provide the tools that contribute to enhancing your knowledge and skills, building a supportive public policy environment, and creating a network of collaboration and sharing.
The Social Enterprise World Forum (SEWF) is the International event for social enterprises all over the world to come together and discuss policy and practice, to learn from one another and to network. The number of delegates continues to surpass that of each previous year’s event. The high quality of the audience is represented from an eclectic mix of organisations, from community projects, large scale social enterprises and both the public and private sector. Delegates are encouraged to attend from all types of organisations with interest in social enterprise and in making a difference in the world.
Social Enterprise World Forum objectives are:
- To enhance knowledge through interaction with social enterprise practitioners and support agencies from throughout the world;
- To share knowledge on how social enterprise can be effectively supported to deliver social and economic impacts;
- To raise awareness of the social enterprise potential to support future social change in urban and rural settings;
- To broaden an understanding of where the market opportunities for social enterprise lie in the medium to long term;
- To examine transferrable strategies, systems and models with a view to directly influencing social enterprise development on a worldwide basis.
The role of the Social Enterprise World Forum is:
- To encourage and support the organisation, development and coordination of social enterprise;
- To ensure the regular collaboration of social enterprise;
- To cooperate with the public or private organisations and authorities who endeavour to place social benefits as a service to improving communities locally and worldwide;
- To take action and advocate in order to strengthen social movement;
- To encourage and support the promotion of everyone in all types of employment, at all levels and in all structures with a principle of equality and value for all;
- To encourage and support the development of social inclusion for all;
- To encourage and support a concern for environmental, cultural and social issues, to address & promote blended, sustainable activities in SEWF locations;
- To promote a positive legacy of social enterprise in the host community.