New York City Parks & Recreation seeks a Bronx River Administrator, who oversees the protection and restoration of the Bronx River and the development, management and programming of the Bronx River Greenway and more than 400 acres of parkland along it, in close partnership with local communities.
Subject to the approval of the NYC Parks Commissioner, the Board of the Bronx River Alliance and the NYC Conflicts of Interest Board, the Administrator may also serve as the Executive Director of the Bronx River Alliance, which will entail certain reporting requirements to the Alliance’s Board of Directors in addition to primary reporting responsibility to NYC Parks leadership.
- Under the supervision of the Bronx Borough Commissioner, work closely with regulatory officials, Parks staff and the Bronx River Alliance.
- If approved by the appropriate parties to be the Executive Director of the Bronx River Alliance, comply with not-for-profit corporate governance and oversee Bronx River Alliance staff.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the River corridor and the Bronx River Greenway that are under the jurisdiction of NYC Parks and the maintenance of the River House due to open in early 2017.
- Act as government liaison and coordinate capital funding requests with elected officials including the City Council and Borough President.
- Supervise Parks employees and, if approved as Executive Director, supervise Bronx River Alliance employees.
- Foster programmatic excellence and innovation, including educational and volunteer activities that engage community members and take full advantage of new opportunities afforded by the River House.
- Cultivate and grow a vibrant array of partnerships with groups and organizations active on the river.
- Raise capital dollars for ecological restoration, park development and greenway projects and steward them through the project development process. Raise and manage private funds for program enhancements.
Salary range: $90,000 – 100,000
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits
Apply by: November 18, 2016