Gulf Restoration Network works to help all communities along the Gulf Coast on our key issues of wetlands protection, water quality improvement, energy and climate change, marine life and sustainable fisheries regardless of race, ethnicity or income level.
GRN is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to work full-time as a campaigner and organizer to empower people to protect and restore the natural resources of the Gulf, with a focus on the most pressing issues impacting coastal communities in the Gulf. As a member of GRN’s Campaign Team, the Coastal Organizer will work with Campaign, Policy, Communication and Development staff to develop and implement advocacy campaigns in around coastal issues in Gulf states.
- Work closely with Campaign, Policy, and Communications and Development staff to develop and implement winning advocacy campaigns.
- Build GRN’s base of supporters in priority coastal areas through targeted outreach, coalition building, online engagement and other means.
- Develop communications and outreach materials, with the assistance of other staff, focused on priority campaigns, including e-action alerts, petitions, brochures and press releases.
- Act as a spokesperson with the media on priority campaigns.
- Represent GRN at public hearings, coalition meetings and in other venues.
- Travel within the region as needed to fulfill the above duties.
Ideal Candidates Possess:
- At least 2 years’ experience in nonprofit or community advocacy, issue campaigns, organizing or other related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to function as part of team and work collaboratively.
- BA, degree from an accredited community college or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working on Gulf state coastal issues preferred.
Reports to: Campaign Director
Location: Coastal Mississippi or New Orleans, LA
Salary: mid to high thirties DOE plus benefits, including medical and dental insurance.