The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) in Boston, Massachusetts is seeking an experienced nonprofit leader who can champion a strong, well established organization as CEO.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Working knowledge of real estate development, economic mobility strategies, and community organizing; an understanding the work of CDCs.
- Working knowledge of real estate development, economic mobility strategies, and community organizing; an understanding of the work of CDCs.
- An established ability to be a resource broker with demonstrated experience and success with securing funding from multiple sources: corporate gifts, capital campaigns, individual giving, and grant writing.
- Demonstrated leadership in racial equity. Credible experience taking leadership in a multi-ethnic, multi-racial organization in which social, economic and racial justice and equity are imperatives.
- Financial acumen. Aptitude for reading, analyzing, and reporting on complex finances commensurate with a $7M CDC with a significant portfolio of properties.
- Strong people skills; a relationship builder. Be diplomatic, kind, a positive problem solver, flexible, amiable, consistent, and decisive.
- A collaborative style and proven community engagement experience in an urban setting like Jamaica Plain.
- At least seven years of increasing leadership experience, with confidence in the assessment and supervision of talented professional staff. Demonstrated experience with organizational management and sound business practices.
- Experience being an eager public face for an organization or cause. Skilled communicator with proven writing competency.
- An appetite for intelligent risk. Strategic agility that leverages opportunities and optimizes innovation.
- An understanding of the unique, politically lively environment inherent in the community development field, and proven ability and charisma to navigate it.
- Experience with responding to emerging models, new technologies, and the assets of the millennial work environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) speaking competency is a plus.
Candidates must include a resume and a cover letter that describes how their qualifications and experience match the needs and mission of JPNDC. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Submit required application materials at: https://eostransitions.applicantpool.com/jobs/
JPNDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly desires to attract a broad and diverse pool of applicants, particularly candidates of color, female candidates, and/or candidates who know or represent the communities JPNDC serves. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skill and experience.
This executive search is being conducted by Eos Transition Partners consultant Nancy Jackson. All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential, and any questions must be submitted to Nancy at: email@example.com.
Apply by: June 5, 2020
Photo courtesy of JPNDC.