The Center for Community Progress seeks an experienced, innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven leader as its President and CEO.
The President and CEO reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for determining Community Progress’ long-term strategic direction; leading fund development efforts; shaping communications; overseeing program development and implementation; and guiding daily operations.
The President and CEO develops and maintains excellent collaborative relationships with funders and other partners at the local, state, and federal level.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Foster and sustain a mission-driven spirit of cooperation among staff, board, and colleagues;
- Cultivate positive communication and shape the organization’s message to support and build the field of vacant, abandoned, and deteriorated property reclamation;
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with foundations, nonprofits, and government agencies at the local, state, and federal levels, whose work complements and supports Community Progress’ mission;
- Represent the organization publicly, including at conferences and other events linked to Community Progress’ mission and goals;
- Work with the Board of Directors and staff to implement Community Progress’ strategic plan;
- Provide leadership, direction, and program supervision to staff, including oversight of existing programs and supporting new program development;
- Ensure that work is data-driven and lead internal program evaluation;
- Foster staff collaboration, creativity, and professional growth;
- Recruit new staff, supervise and support staff performance, evaluate staff growth and performance, assign duties and compensation for all staff.
Apply by: April 7, 2017