The Gulf Restoration Network (GRN) seeks a full-time Communications Director for its office in New Orleans, Louisiana.
GRN is a non-profit organization made up of an alliance of groups and individuals committed to uniting and empowering people to restore the resources of the Gulf region.
- Develop and lead the implementation of a comprehensive, strategic organizational communications plan, as well as working with staff to craft communications plans specific to campaigns and programs
- Ensure compelling, consistently branded communications from all areas of the organization
- Develop relationships and coordinate communication with community partners and collaborating organizations
- Further the advocacy and fundraising ability of GRN by maximizing the visibility of our efforts to protect and restore the natural resources of the Gulf of Mexico
- Participate in the Management Team with the Executive Director, Senior Policy Director, Campaign Director and Development Director
- Provide ongoing communications training for staff on social media, messaging, strategy and writing
Benefits: Generous benefits, including health (after 30 day waiting period), dental insurance, short term disability insurance, 2 weeks paid sick leave and 3 weeks paid vacation. Additionally, after 9 months employees are entitled to participate in a Savings Incentive Match IRA Plans for Employees (better known as SIMPLE IRA plans) – GRN make an annual contribution/match of up to 3%.
Salary: Minimum: $45,000.00 / Maximum: $55,000.00
Apply by: June 12, 2017
Photo credit: NOAA/Flower Garden Banks NMS