The Community Development Program Manager, an employee of Capitol Hill Housing (CHH), will be tasked with creating an affiliated organization, with the majority of time spent managing the programs of the new organization.
Community Development Partners (CDP) is a soon-to-be-formed nonprofit organization, which will work to build community and further economic development in under resourced communities. CDP will be the administrator of a federal capacity building grant program. CDP will be a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit, based in Seattle, Washington, working with King County communities. CHH is launching this new organization.
The Community Development Program Manager will play a key role in successfully launching CDP, manage the administration and compliance of a federal grant program, and provide support to recipient organizations. The Community Development Program Manager will help build and work directly with the CDP Board of Directors.
This position will also provide support to CHH’s Sustainability and Planning team in implementing Capitol Hill EcoDistrict projects and assisting with communications and fundraising. Working with the CHH CEO, Director of Community Programs and External Relations Director, and the Sustainability and Planning team, this position will perform complex and technical work that includes planning, developing, communicating and implementing community development and sustainability programs within CHH and other neighborhoods in the Seattle area.
- Master’s degree in urban planning or related field.
- Familiarity with/connection to Puget Sound-area community development sector and neighborhood groups.
- Experience managing federal grant contracts, such as CDBG or HUD Section 4.
- Broad knowledge and passion for urban issues, green building and sustainability.
- Some page layout/design experience is helpful; HTML/WordPress skills.
Compensation: $58,000 DOE