Potomac Riverkeeper Network is hiring a Development Director for their Washington, DC office.
Potomac Riverkeeper Network is a nonprofit organization dedicated to stopping pollution and restoring clean water in the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and their tributaries through community engagement and enforcement.
Potomac Riverkeeper Network is located in Washington, DC, with field offices in Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, and has a membership of more than 1,500.
Potomac Riverkeeper Network seeks a highly organized and effective Development Director who is principally responsibility for creating and implementing Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s overall development efforts by working to generate income from foundation grants, individual giving, special events, etc.
This position works collaboratively with President, Board, and Program Directors to develop fundraising strategies as well as to cultivate relationships with funders and donors. The director also ensures development strategies and systems are integrated with program, communications, and operations.
- Minimum three years of development/fundraising work required; a demonstrated interest/experience with environmental work preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks (must be detail-oriented). Desire and ability to work independently in a self-directed, small-office environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with Word and Excel required
- Experience with Salesforce or other database strongly preferred
- Occasional weekend and evening hours due to fundraising events
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications.
START DATE: February 2015
CLOSE DATE: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Photo of Great Falls on Potomac River by Storm Cunningham