The City of Decatur, Illinois is seeking a full-time Development and Revitalization Specialist.
Job Summary: Performs, coordinates, develops, designs and administers sensitive professional and technical development and revitalization work for the City. Work, some of which is confidential in nature, is driven through the use of innovative planning and development practices, technological advances and through use of discretion in developing and recommending policies conducive to community growth, based upon input from both the development community and residents.
Required Knowledge And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, finance, or a related field; and two (2) years responsible experience in public administration, real estate sales, economic development and/or community development; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, presentation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or mapping computer software.
- Skill in interpreting and explaining ordinances and written regulations.
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public, businesses, developers and advisory board and commission members.
- Ability to prepare reports and proposals, and to present recommendations and communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research and collect data and perform accurate calculations, and to perform sound, analytical analyses and make well-reasoned recommendations.
- Skill or experience in leading varied community engagement programs and procedures to fully ensure that all levels of community input are included as part of the planning process.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling information regarding development related matters and potential development projects.
Sound judgment in applying discretion to decision making on work related matters.
BEGINNING SALARY: $39,700 – $51,500 annually, with growth potential to $63,300 depending on qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Photo of Decatur via en.wikipedia.org