This position, available immediately, is an exciting opportunity to join the staff at PolicyLink.
PolicyLink is a national research and action institute that works to advance policies at the federal, state, and local level to achieve economic and social equity by Lifting Up What Works®.
PolicyLink is seeking a dynamic leader to successfully implement the All-In Cities initiative (www.allincities.org), which aims to support cities in implementing new models of inclusive growth and development at a time when many American cities are experiencing an economic revival, but this rising economic tide is not translating into good jobs, living wages, and ownership opportunities for their low-income residents and communities of color. The initiative provides capacity-building and policy development and implementation support, data and policy tools, and strategic research to local governments and community organizations/coalitions as they develop and implement a range of solutions to increase racial economic inclusion and foster equitable growth in cities and metropolitan regions. This position is an excellent opportunity for a social entrepreneur who is passionate about cities and equity to build out an initiative that is just getting off the ground and eager to work in a creative, fast-moving, start-up environment.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Initiating, managing, and coordinating the team’s place-based engagements (in partnership with community leaders working inside and outside of government) that implement the All-In Cities policy framework and related private sector, capital, and systems-change strategies that advance inclusive growth.
- Developing a methodology for assessing community readiness for engagements and using the findings of that assessment to develop a suite of offerings (bootcamps, trainings, webinars, office hours, etc.) to build capacity for inclusive growth.
- Implementing the policy research and communications strategies for the initiative, including the production of relevant research that advances the theory and practice of inclusive growth, and the development and maintenance of an online policy toolkit.
- Supervising and collaborating with other team members and consultants to deliver high-quality products and strategic support in a timely manner and effectively add value to locally-driven change efforts.
- Bringing a results-based framework and discipline to the overall initiative and its place-based engagements.
- Collaborating with national networks and partners working to advance inclusive growth, economic justice, and racial equity in cities.
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.