Land Life Company is seeking an entrepreneurial individual who is passionate about creating a positive impact for our environment to lead its West Coast based market activities, and to build a team and office in California.
Land Life Company is a Dutch nature revitalization and water conservation start-up that has developed a proprietary technology that enables the planting of trees on arid and degraded land.
The vision of the founders, Jurriaan Ruys, former McKinsey partner and COO of a sustainable energy company, and Eduard Zanen, founder of Bugaboo, is to make it possible to restore the 2bn hectares of the world’s degraded land. As a result, they developed the Cocoon – the first biodegradable, scalable, low-cost solution for nature restoration, landscaping and agroforestry.
The Cocoon has now been successfully deployed commercially in 8 countries. Land Life Company is now scaling up its activities on the West Coast, as the Cocoon can play a critical role in addressing the region’s joint needs to restore nature and save water.
The responsibilities of the director for West Coast would include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop the West Coast market for the Cocoon technology, including leveraging and building Land Life Company’s network, developing the pipeline and managing sales
- Liaise with Land Life Company investors as appropriate
- Build and manage a local team (2 people in 2016 and up to 10 people in 2017)
- Lead the localization process for California, including supporting the establishment of our legal entity and manufacturing operations in California
- Increase awareness of the importance of sustainable, water-efficient planting of trees, including marketing, conference attendance, policy advocacy
- Coordinate operations for Land Life Company projects on the West Coast
- Coordinate with Land Life Company headquarters in Amsterdam, including occasional travel to Amsterdam to work with the team and supporting visits from headquarters to California