The City of Oxnard, California seeks a Downtown Revitalization Manager.
Located on the beautiful Southern California coast, the City of Oxnard is the largest and most populous city in the County of Ventura with over 200,000 residents. Nestled about 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 35 miles south of Santa Barbara, Oxnard prides itself on its rich diversity and culture. Although agriculture remains a major industry, Oxnard enjoys an expanding economy based on a healthy combination of agriculture, commercial and manufacturing development, tourism, and the U.S. Navy.
Residents enjoy an unsurpassed quality of life enhanced by the clean air of this coastal community, the charm and solitude of the nearby Los Padres National Forest, and the cultural and educational amenities of a vibrant urban setting. This very diverse community includes acres of new housing. Local assets include two thriving military bases, a full service deep water port, master planned industrial parks, prime commercial and retail sites, a regional medical center and hospital and flourishing community college. In addition, there are golf courses, marinas and wonderfully landscaped streets. There is a small town atmosphere in this seaside city where fields of strawberries flourish along many roads, and the Mediterranean climate is unexcelled. It is an ideal coastal community.
The annual salary range for the Downtown Revitalization Manager is $97,950 – 148,409 annually depending on qualifications. The Downtown Revitalization Manager is part of the Oxnard Mid-Manager’s Association (“OMMA”) group. OMMA employees receive an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Retirement benefits through the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). “Classic” members are covered under the 2% at age 55 formula and “New” members are covered by the 2% at age 62 retirement formula. Employees are required to pay 3% towards the employee’s contribution. The City does not participate in Social Security.
- $525 in cafeteria dollars monthly towards the total premium for medical insurance for you and eligible dependents, contributes $66.80 monthly towards dental insurance, a life insurance policy in an amount equal to one times annual salary, plus $5,000, and a long-term disability coverage plan.
- Twelve (12) paid holidays per year, Paid Administrative Leave of 40 hours per fiscal year (pro-rated upon hire), Paid Bereavement Leave and Paid Annual Leave which accrues at the rate of 6.24 hours bi-weekly and 162.24 hours annually for employees with less than five years of service.
- A Wellness Program that provides up to $500 per fiscal year for health club membership or physical equipment and annual medical examinations reimbursement.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides 75% reimbursement for eligible expenses up to $5,000 per year.
- A Deferred Compensation Plan and a Flexible Spending Plan.
Apply by September 6, 2017.