The City of Killeen, Texas seeks a Revitalization Planner to assist in the development, implementation, and overall effectiveness of the north Killeen and downtown enhancement/revitalization program, including planning and coordinating activities, and events.
- Manages administrative aspects of the north Killeen and downtown programs including purchasing, record keeping, grant administration, budget, accounting, and preparing reports etc. as assigned.
- Creates proposals for investment incentives, implements and/or participates in initiatives to recruit and retain businesses, and promotes good design and aesthetics.
- Works with local property owners and tenants to develop, organize, and implement various programs designed for the revitalization of north and downtown Killeen.
- Assist with business retention, expansion, and recruitment, including providing information, expertise, and appropriate referrals to business owners, marketing opportunities to outside businesses, working with developers and business and property owners to enhance the quality of retail and commercial space in north and Downtown Killeen
- Develops implementation plans for initiatives, such as promotional events, advertising, special events, business recruitment, etc.
- Assists in the coordination of promotional events, such as special events, and retail promotional events, in order to improve the quality and success of events to attract people to downtown.
- Acts as a liaison between the City, business community, citizens, and various civic and community groups.
- Communicates official plans, programs, policies and procedures to staff and the general public.
- Familiarizes public officials, retailers, community groups, the general public, etc. with the nature and orientation of the downtown and north Killeen revitalization project and provides professional community development advice.
- Develops and conducts ongoing public awareness and education programs designed to enhance north Killeen and downtown development and redevelopment efforts; attend speaking engagements and media outlets in the community.
- Works in collaborative partnerships with the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce, Killeen Economic Development Corporation, Historic Preservation Board, Tax Increment and Reinvestment Zone Board, and others in implementing the adopted plan for Killeen Downtown and the North Killeen Revitalization Program.
- Gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates activities with other departments and outside agencies as needed.
- Monitors intergovernmental decisions and legislation effecting operations and takes appropriate action.
- Provides leadership and direction in the implementation of short and long range plans and projects for north Killeen and downtown enhancement.
- Responds to inquiries about north Killeen and downtown development projects; resolves disputes between contractors and sub-recipients as needed.
Salary: $4,272.39 / month
Closing date: March 13, 2016