The SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve in Renton, Washington seeks a Education & Restoration Manager.
SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve practices ecological management and restoration so that green spaces may exist, as a community resource, for generations to come. We believe that healthy wilderness benefits not only the plants and animals who call it home but also the human communities and economies it surrounds.
This is a full time salaried position. The Education & Restoration Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day Education and Restoration Programs at SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve. This includes high-level planning of restoration activities and educational curriculum, relationship building both with local schools and with SHADOW volunteers, and field time spent leading classes and practicing on the ground restoration.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver, has high emotional intelligence and a passion for environmental conservation, and works well in a fast-paced environment.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule:
- $32,000 – $40,000 (Based on experience)
- $125 Monthly Healthcare Stipend (after 90 days)
- 1-week paid vacation annually. 1-week of paid sick leave.
- SHADOW is closed to the public during last two weeks in December and first week of January.
- SHADOW staff work Tuesday – Saturday. Some additional weekend and evening hours will be required with ample notice.
- Work in a calm, natural, peaceful setting located on a 100-acre nature preserve.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and reliable transportation with current insurance are required.
- Position involves some local travel. Reimbursement is available for work related travel and parking expenses.