The Danville (Virginia) Community Development Corporation seeks an Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Community Development Corporation. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The Executive Director will be a strategic thinker responsible for the day-to-day operations, regulatory compliance, liaison with governmental bodies, management of development projects, and implementation of long term plans of CDC. The Executive Director examines policy issues and facilitates strategic planning with a long-term perspective; determines objectives and sets priorities. In program development and administration, the Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and ensures that it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Acts as a catalyst for organizational change; builds a shared vision with others and influences others to translate vision into action.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff; formulates and carries out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and/or other regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Provide grant writing, the ability to research new funding sources, knowledge of current federal, state and locally funded programs.
- Create financial analyses of development projects, understanding of combining different funding sources, their rules, and regulations.
Apply by: April 29, 2016