Founded in 1993, Los Angeles Waterkeeper‘s (Waterkeeper) mission is to protect and restore Santa Monica Bay, San Pedro Bay, the Los Angeles River, Ballona Creek and adjacent waters through enforcement, fieldwork, and community action. We work to achieve this goal through litigation and regulatory programs that ensure water quality protections in waterways throughout L.A. County.
Waterkeeper is a proud member of the California Coastkeeper Alliance and is one of more than 200 members of the international Waterkeeper Alliance, led by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. Waterkeeper also actively engages in issues related to water supply, drought response, integrated water management, oil spill prevention and response, fracking, plastics pollution, climate change, habitat restoration, and marine life protection and conservation.
The right candidate will:
• Demonstrate passionate belief in the mission of Los Angeles Waterkeeper;
• Sustain a transparent, accessible, professional organization;
• Represent the mission, programs and point of view of the organization to stakeholders;
• Ensure that staff and volunteers understand and exemplify the mission;
• Work closely with the Board of Directors and staff to develop, communicate and execute a strategic plan consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
The position is based in Santa Monica, CA. The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.