The Northeast Hawley Development Association (NEHDA) seeks an Executive Director for their headquarters in Syracuse, New York.
NEHDA facilitates community development that promotes strong and safe neighborhoods, thriving businesses, and active civic engagement on Syracuse’s Northside.
The NEHDA Executive Director is responsible for developing, expanding, and managing the agency’s mission within its core focus areas:
- Community Development
- Real Estate Development
- Economic and Business Development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all agency programs and operations.
- Develop, maintain, and revise as necessary comprehensive programming for neighborhood revitalization efforts.
- Implement policies and procedures for NEHDA programs in keeping with Strategic Plan.
- Prepare and implement the yearly budget as approved by the NEHDA Board of Directors (BOD).
- Prepare and submit funding proposals and contractual agreements in a timely manner.
- Maintain program and fiscal records in keeping with government, foundation and Board regulations.
- Fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support NEHDA’s mission, including securing construction financing for brick and mortar projects when necessary.
- Oversee completion of all projects.
- Initiate and maintain contact with all stakeholders that may impact the quality of life of the area.
- Revise and implement the strategic plan to address community needs.
- Maintain flexible work schedule that will allow for attendance at early morning, evening and occasional weekend meetings.
- Coordinate, manage, and promote NEHDA activities and programs as per Executive Committee and Board directives.
- Fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Email cover letter & resume to Mike LaFlair (email@example.com) by 5 PM, August 31, 2018.