The Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization (CPRO) seeks an Executive Director.
CPRO Mission: CPRO’s Mission is to champion and connect business and community along Columbia Pike in Arlington, Virginia.
CPRO Vision: Columbia Pike: Arlington’s oldest and newest main street – where authentic, diverse neighborhoods connect to the world.
The Executive Director acts as the principal officer of CPRO and is responsible for the overall administration, financial management, and day-to-day activities of the organization. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and work with the Board to establish the organization’s direction.
• Evaluate and administer CPRO’s program services.
• Prepare and recommend annual plans and operating budgets to the Board for approval. Assure adherence to these plans, maintaining all organizational records, and provide the Board with periodic management reports, operating statements, and cost and program analyses.
• Manage CPRO’s administrative office including supervising personnel and providing benefit and payroll administration.
• Coordinate all communication functions including responding to CPRO members, media and other inquiries, and writing annual reports, newsletters, and member bulletins.
• Implement place making and event strategies to ensure adherence to profitability and community building objectives.
• Lead CPRO’s advocacy efforts for the continued economic development and vitality of the Columbia Pike corridor including support for needed infrastructure and services to support expected growth.
• Support the implementation of County’s adopted initiatives and polices for Columbia Pike including the existing Form Based Code (Commercial and Neighborhoods).
• Improve and expand relationships with individual, corporate, community, government, and other partners to carry out organizational mission and objectives.
• Act as staff to the Board and its committees and serve as the Board’s liaison to community and civic groups, government and elected officials.
The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic, creative self-starter with a proven track record of leading institutional membership growth, community building, place-making, event management, and bottom line management experience, a working knowledge of standard administrative and accounting practices, and strong verbal and written communications skills are required. Experience in 501(c) 3 non profit management and board governance required.
ALL RESUMES MUST INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND SHOULD BE SENT VIA EMAIL TO: executivesearch@Columbiapike.org
Photo by barcroftnotes.com