Help revitalize Seattle’s Chinatown for a living. The Seattle Chinatown International District Business Improvement Area (CIDBIA) a nonprofit community organization (501c3) works to support and enhance the economic health and vitality of this unique district.
Established in 1994, the CIDBIA provides neighborhood business development and marketing, coordination of neighborhood major events, clean and safe services, and advocates on behalf of its constituents in public policy, planning, safety, and quality‐of‐life issues.
The Executive Director will lead the development, management, and execution of all CIDBIA programs and projects including and especially the expansion of the Business Improvement Area (BIA) and working collaboratively with other neighborhood organizations. This includes managing all staff, budgets, and contracts for the organization.
The Executive Director must work effectively with city leaders, multiple city departments, and local business and community leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a field relevant to commercial district revitalization;
- Professional or personal familiarity working in culturally diverse surrounding;
- Ability to speak/write Cantonese or Mandarin is a benefit but not required;
- Strong decision making skills are highly desirable;
- A self starter with the ability, initiative and willingness to learn.
Salary Range: $65,000-80,000