The Santa Clara County Creeks Coalition (California) is seeking an Executive Director to implement our current grant projects and build the organization into a viable sustainable force for environmental stream restoration. We are looking for an individual with the experience, initiative, and creativity who can approach the position as “startup” enterprise.
The Creeks Coalition has been in operation since 2005. The mission of the Creeks Coalition is to transform our creeks into living streams – full of the fish, birds, plants and other wildlife that once were abundant in the riparian corridors of our streams – and with opportunities for citizen enjoyment of the creeks in a manner compatible with a healthy ecosystem. The Executive Director will not be confined to past strategies and priorities but rather encouraged to use their creative vision and “market sense” to develop new initiatives.
The Executive Director is responsible for building a sustainable organization capable of
- Implementing projects and influencing the development of projects by others to restore the steelhead trout fishery on Santa Clara County streams and improve the ecological functioning of our streams for other species, and
- Developing educational and recreational projects that connect the residents of Santa Clara County to their streams.
The Executive Director shall:
- Manage the implementation of current stream related grant projects
- Organize fundraising activities and assure organizational fiscal sustainability
- Develop programs, projects, and partnerships that contribute to achieving the mission of the organization
- Develop and implement programs of outreach and promotion, including social media
- Hire and manage staff and contractors
- Report to the Board as to fiscal status, status of program deliverables and status of program development
Initially, this position will be a funded at a rate of $60,000 per year, but compensation can be increased up to $80,000 per year if additional funding is obtained by the Executive Director.
Location: Santa Clara County, California
Application should include: Resume, references, narrative discussion of why you are interested in this position and how your experience has prepared you to successfully fulfill the duties of the position.
Apply by: June 15, 2016.
Apply to: Richard McMurtry, 24010 Summit Road, Los Gatos, CA 95033 RMcMurtry@Baymoon.com. Google Phone: 408-620-4476