The Coos Watershed Association seeks an Executive Director for its office in Coos Bay, Oregon.
Coos Watershed Association’s Executive Director serves as the face of the organization and as its administrator/manager.
As the organization’s face, he or she is expected to: build and maintain community, collaborator, and funder relationships; ensure our positive reputation; and facilitate the organization’s vision.
As administrator/manager, the Executive Director must have the ability to plan ahead, handle complex negotiations, and be a persuasive fundraiser and public speaker.
Restoration Program Responsibilities:
- Consistent with strategic land conservation plans and in collaboration with the Project Manager (s), identify actions of greatest priority, undertake landowner contacts, and negotiate with landowners interested in watershed restoration.
- Pursue appropriate strategies to complete Association’s watershed restoration programs with the Board’s knowledge and approval.
- Support Coos Watershed Associations Board of Directors to ensure a thorough understanding of restoration projects and an ability to make risk assessments and decisions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with watershed council and funding partners to identify and implement shared restoration priorities.
- With collaborating units of government or nonprofit partners, identify larger-scale watershed restoration opportunities and strategies.
- Set watershed restoration goals and engage in larger-scale campaigns or programs.
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, 401K, PTO
Salary range: $45,000 – 85,000
Application review starts 06/10/2016 and continues until the position is filled.
Applications received after 06/10/2016 will be held until the next round of consideration.