The Executive Director of the Pawtucket Foundation will help to create and develop programs designed to mobilize the resources of the private sector to encourage economic development and community planning within Pawtucket, Rhode Island and the boarding community of Central Falls.
He or she will utilize professional experience to promote private and public sector investment to improve existing community assets as well as to create new development projects. Key ongoing projects include predevelopment planning for river corridor real estate revitalization, economic development, capital transportation infrastructure planning and business recruitment efforts in the historic downtown.
- Bachelor degree in public administration, business, urban planning, architecture, community/economic development or related field. 5+ years in community/economic development, urban revitalization or urban planning;
- A combination of educational and professional experience that demonstrates intellectual, administrative and leadership abilities;
- Experience in private-sector fundraising and grant writing will be highly valuable for the successful candidate. The Pawtucket Foundation raises approximately $240,000 from corporate contributions and grants and an additional amount from events, to sustain an annual expense budget of approximately $268,000; Grant writing supports programming efforts;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Quickbooks;
- Demonstrated experience in a position that required leadership skills and public-private sector relationship building;
- Demonstrated experience in a position that required exceptional written, speaking and listening skills; Experience building consensus and coalitions of support;
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Master Degree in related field;
- Experience in non-profit management;
- Experience with business development and economic development planning;
- An understanding of basic principles of public finance, real estate finance, and business recruitment;
- Skills in web-based and internet communications, experience managing content management systems and social media (website);
- Experience in planning multi-modal transportation projects.
Compensation will depend upon experience and qualifications.