Rancho Los Cerritos Foundation (RLCF) which oversees the Rancho, a nationally recognized Southern California historical landmark in Long Beach, California, is hiring an Executive Director.
The Executive Director will lead the organization in preserving, conserving and interpreting the Rancho, ensuring that its historic value is maintained, supported, appreciated and widely shared.
The Rancho consists of an historic 1844 adobe house on 4.74 landscaped grounds, 7,000 historical artifacts, 85 cubic feet of archaeological materials, significant archival collections, and a California History Research Library.
RLCF provides public tours, special events, a wide range of programs, and scholarly research. Rancho Los Cerritos hosts nearly 25,000 visitors a year.
- 5 years of leadership/management experience at a museum or related organization
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or related experience required. A Master’s Degree in History, Museum Studies, Architecture, Historic Preservation or related field is a plus.
- Knowledge of historic preservation standards and construction preferred.
- Demonstrated success with fundraising
- Good public speaker; ability to interact effectively in small and large groups
- Highly organized; ability to manage diverse projects and needs simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to inspire others to share, support and contribute to the Rancho’s vision and goals
- Experience overseeing major construction and restoration projects
- Experience dealing with government officials to further advocacy efforts
- Able to work a flexible schedule which includes some evenings and weekends to attend events and complete projects
- Enthusiasm for and experience managing educational programs
- Background in California history preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
RLCF is offering a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, medical benefits and sick leave.