The Delaware River City Corporation (DRCC) seeks an Executive Director, to be based in its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania headquarters.
DRCC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to completing, sustaining and programming of the riverfront trail and network of parks along the Delaware River that reconnect residents of urban neighborhoods to nature, offering unparalleled recreational, community building, and environmental education activities.
Working with the City of Philadelphia, private and public organizations, and neighborhood communities, DRCC reconnects the people, places, businesses, neighborhoods and the surrounding region to the Delaware River while simultaneously promoting a diversity of uses through the implementation of the North Delaware Riverfront Greenway Plan.
DRCC works in close partnership with the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, the Philadelphia Commerce Department and Department of Parks and Recreation, ans well as local civic organizations to realize the vision of a renewed Delaware riverfront.
DRCC’s priorities are to build, maintain, and promote the public use of the 11-mile North Delaware Riverfront Greenway and the adjacent connector streets and parks. Its four overarching goals are:
- Extend the trail: complete the next key elements of the trail, parks and connector streets and assure that they are well-maintained.
- Create engaging programs: maximize use of the greenway by local community residents.
- Raise awareness: brand the Greenway as a highly valued, unique community resource.
- Strengthen the organization: solidify organizational capacity and resources.
- With its first, long-term executive director planning to retire in Spring 2018, DRCC seeks a leader who can provide continuity to the organization’s steady success by overseeing the project management tasks associated with the completion of the park and trail system and leading fundraising, community engagement and programming efforts.
Compensation: In the $100,000 range. Benefits aligned with nonprofit industry standards.
Applications should be emailed by February 7, 2018.
Photos courtesy of DRCC.