The economic development and community revitalization consulting group, Fourth Economy Consulting seeks a Director for its headquarters office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
ABOUT FOURTH ECONOMY
Fourth Economy Consulting is an innovative community and economic development consulting firm – we just celebrated our 9th anniversary and have a strong brand. We envision a world where people are empowered to be co-creators of a sustainable future. We equip change agents with the tools to build better communities and stronger economies. Our clients include community and economic development organizations, local and state governments, innovation intermediaries, colleges and universities, and businesses.
Strategic thinkers with at least 5-10 years of experience leading and managing complex projects in the community and economic development field. The ideal candidate will be looking to take on a core leadership role in our growing company.
We are especially looking for individuals who are interested in advancing innovative models of community and economic development to join our team of dynamic consultants. Our work encompasses a variety of issues/topics (job growth/decline, talent attraction, civic infrastructure, affordable housing, inclusive and equitable development, sustainable development) that intersect with communities and economies at different scales (neighborhood to regional).
Fourth Economy Consulting works nationally serving a diverse set of clients, from community-based non-profits to state economic development agencies, and we are looking for someone who is open to being intellectually challenged and inspired to be creative. We learn something new with every engagement and revel in our client successes. We are looking for people with a range of qualifications and interests including:
- Consulting experience in the field of community and economic development – experience managing multiple projects at the strategic and operational levels, ensuring client satisfaction
- Team management – experience managing and supervising project teams required
- Facilitation skills – small and large groups; experience in design thinking is a plus
- Interview experience – ability to get beyond the basic responses by creatively engaging stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit – looking to solve challenges and help our team chart a successful growth strategy
- Ability to work independently and to partner effectively with colleagues and clients
- Comfort with finding and using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong oral and writing skills, often including translation of data and synthesizing a vast amount of inputs into a strategy
- Ability to organize and synthesize information into clear findings and detailed recommendations
- Comfort with tools for project management, data analysis, presentation and communication
- Ability to manage existing relationships and help to generate new business
- Master’s degree preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Fourth Economy offers a flexible work environment with opportunities for professional development and meaningful involvement in business development for all employees.
This position must be based in our office in Pittsburgh and travel for client work is required. We work throughout the country – mostly in the Midwest, Northeast, New England and recently South.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how you think you can help us, how you think Fourth Economy can help you advance your career, and what you are most proud of professionally. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.
Photo of downtown Pittsburgh by Storm Cunningham.