Hartford 2000, Inc. (H2K) is the coalition of Hartford’s (Connecticut) 14 Neighborhood Revitalization Zones (NRZs) and Hartford City Government.
Its mission is to strengthen the individual and collective capabilities of the Neighborhood Revitalization Zones and to serve as an advocate for neighborhood issues.
The Executive Director is a part-time position (20 – 25 hours per week). There is the potential for full-time status when finances allow.
The organization is currently in a transition period and seeks an Executive Director who can assist the Board of Directors in examining its mission, core purpose, and structure and in determining H2K’s direction for the future.
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a changing environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations within the community.
- Experience and success in fundraising for a small to medium size organization.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management, administrative, and supervisory skills.
- Proven leadership skills working with boards of directors, City government, and community organizations.
- Experience with and commitment to consensus building and consensus decision-making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in strategizing around issues and building coalitions.
- Must enjoy and be dedicated to working in the community and with neighborhoods.
- Familiarity with Hartford and its neighborhoods preferred.
Note: Additional consideration will be given to candidates who are bilingual (Spanish-English) and/or who are Hartford residents.
Applicants are requested to email resume and cover letter to H2K@Hartford2000.org. Application deadline is November 1, 2015.