Neighborhood Preservation, Inc. is a nonprofit organization in Memphis, Tennessee that promotes neighborhood revitalization by collaboratively developing practical and sustainable resolutions to blighted properties and to the systems that lead to widespread neglect, vacancy and abandonment of real estate.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic Project Coordinator to help sustain and strengthen existing projects and to pursue new opportunities. The Project Coordinator will report to the Program Manager of NPI.
Duties and Essential Functions:
- Coordinate NPI involvement in neighborhood transformation projects;
- Support the Memphis Property Hub/Memphis Policy Map project team;
- Support the Memphis Neighborhood Blight Elimination Steering Team;
- Support Health Impact Assessment and Healthy Homes Partnership project teams;
- Support the Strategic Code Enforcement Management Academy;
- Complete research and assist in drafting/dissemination of policy statements/white papers;
- Complete necessary program reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in community development related field and 3 years of experience, or Master’s Degree and 1 year experience. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Candidates with experience with local land banking, property maintenance code enforcement, community organizing, community development finance, and/or community planning skills are strongly preferred.
- Excellent written communication, speaking, and public relations skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-Suite required.
Featured photo of the Hernando de Soto Bridge in Memphis via Adobe Stock.
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org