Rewilding Britain seeks a full-time Project Director for its O’r Mynydd i’r Môr / Summit to Sea ecological restoration project in Wales, UK.
The Summit to Sea/O’r Mynydd i’r Môr (S2S) project aims to be the first in Britain to restore a dynamic ecosystem from mountaintops to the sea. This will see one continuous nature-rich zone of at least 10,000 ha of land and 28,400 ha of sea from the top of Pumlumon – the highest point in mid-Wales – down through wooded valleys to the Dyfi Estuary and out into Cardigan Bay.
Rewilding Britain is a lead organisation in an exciting and pioneering new Summit to Sea partnership project along with Woodland Trust, RSPB, Wildlife Trusts, Marine Conservation Society, Natural Resources Wales and others.
The flourishing ecosystems that emerge through the restoration of natural processes will support a resilient nature-based economy providing a sustainable future for local communities as well as creating opportunities for people to re-connect with wild nature. This will in turn demonstrate a ground-breaking model for conservation and natural resource management which can be replicated in other areas of Wales and the UK.
We are looking for a Project Director with leadership skills, drive and experience to work collaboratively to turn a pioneering but challenging project into reality. You will bring a passion for nature and an understanding of the environmental, cultural and land use issues of the area. You will be able to draw on the wide ranging expertise of the project’s partners and advisors and will take an entrepreneurial approach to ensure that the project works both ecologically and economically.
This role is based in the project area and requires a full time commitment but we are open to considering flexible working arrangements for exceptional candidates. You will report to the Rewilding Britain Chief Executive. You will also work closely with and report into the Summit to Sea Management Team and Partnership Steering Group. Currently, the position is only funded for five years.
Key Job Purpose:
To lead on the strategic direction, management, implementation and overall coherence of the Summit to Sea project in coordination with the project partnership and taking a multi-sectoral approach.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead on the strategic direction, organisational development, financial oversight and operational success of the project;
- Develop and articulate a bold vision with key stakeholders which opens a space for change;
- Build effective relationships and partnerships to deliver the vision and strategy;
- Build relationships across diverse interest groups and develop common values and purpose;
- Represent the organisation to the public, other organisations, funders and the media;
- Build and manage an effective cross-partner team, including staff/volunteer recruitment, retention and performance management, and work with them and lead partners to deliver the operational plan;
- Facilitate a participatory, partnership approach to develop locally led solutions;
- Ensure community engagement and community benefits are integral to the project’s development;
- Ensure effective financial management and accountability working to agreed partnership protocols; and
- Ensure the means are in place for project learning, monitoring and evaluation including the means to shift direction rapidly when required.
Salary range: £40K – £45K
Closing date: October 28, 2018
Please send your CV, your reasons for applying for the job, and where you believe your skills set match our essential and desirable criteria as listed below to email@example.com by 5pm, October 28th.