Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, Inc. (GBLA) is pleased to announce that it is currently accepting applications for Staff Attorney for its new Neighborhood Revitalization Project.
The Neighborhood Revitalization Project is a community redevelopment project that supports and promotes neighborhood revitalization efforts through outreach, education, collaboration, and legal assistance.
A key focus for this project is to conduct outreach in low-income neighborhoods, and will also improve resident’s knowledge regarding neighborhood revitalization issues.
The project will facilitate the participation of government agencies and other partners in assisting residents with their neighborhood revitalization efforts.
- Degree from a law school and active member of the California Bar
- Experienced Litigator with knowledge of California Housing Law
- Strong motivation to represent people of low income and to explore creative solutions to problems faced by our client population
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Photo of Bakersfield by Bobak Ha’Eri.