Environment America seeks a State Director for Environment Maryland.
The Director would be driving campaigns to restore the Chesapeake Bay to health, to bring clean energy to Maryland, to fight global warming pollution, and to protect Maryland from dangerous drilling practices like fracking.
Environment Maryland is part of a national federation of environmental groups with offices in 29 states and Washington, D.C.
- Campaign Coordination: Develop and execute plans to win on our environmental campaigns. Assess opportunities for building political support for our agenda through coalition-building, grassroots organizing, and media outreach.
- Advocacy: Bring problems and solutions to the attention of decision-makers: state legislators, the Governor’s staff, state regulators, local officials, and federal representatives. Build relationships with key players in Maryland and in the region.
- Coalition Building: Cultivate relationships with diverse and powerful allies and expanding the constituencies supporting our efforts. This will include building a coalition of key allies and getting them actively involved in our campaigns by attending events, participating in press conferences, and engaging in other ways.
- Media Outreach: Serve as a public spokesperson through media events, press releases, op-eds, and other visibility tactics with a goal of building name recognition for the organization, educating the public about our issues, and demonstrating support for our positions.
- Fundraising: Write grant proposals, build relationships with foundation staff, and meet with large donors, all to bring more resources to campaigns we’re running to protect our environment.
- Work with our citizen outreach staff to build and develop our membership base.
- Recruitment: Recruit new staff, interns, and volunteers to increase our impact and build our power.
Apply by: January 9, 2017
Start date: February 28, 2017
Photo of Chesapeake Bay restoration work by Storm Cunningham.