The Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED) seeks an energetic, experienced professional to join our entrepreneurial team as Vice President for Development and Communications.
CNHED is a dynamic, 501(c)3 member association that supports the nonprofit housing and economic development industry in Washington, DC.
This position works under the direction of the President & CEO to expand CNHED’s philanthropic and government funding sources and to devise its external and internal communications strategies.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience;
- Master’s Degree preferred;
- Prior work experience in community development field strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct policy or academic research and to write reports based on that research;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, and to demonstrate initiative in both contexts;
- Ability to set, manage, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously;
- Website development and maintenance skills preferred;
- Familiarity with District of Columbia area philanthropic organizations preferred;
- Good sense of humor and the ability to be gracious and nimble in difficult situations;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud or equivalent preferred.
CNHED offers a competitive benefits package including 100% individual health dental and vision insurance, employer retirement contributions, paid vacation and sick leave, a transportation subsidy, and an optional deferred salary retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with experience and track record of accomplishments. This is a non-exempt position.
To Apply: Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] – VP Development and Communications Application”. The cover letter should explicitly state how your experience and accomplishments fit with this position’s requirements.
No phone calls please.
Initial screening for this position will begin on August 15, 2018. The position will be open until filled.
Photo of Washington, DC by Storm Cunningham.