On January 13, 2022, the Sustain Our Great Lakes Program (SOGL) announced new restoration funding via their 2022 Request for Proposals (RFP).
The SOGL program is soliciting proposals to help restore fish, wildlife, habitat and water quality in the Great Lakes basin.
The program will award approximately $11.2 million in grants in 2022 to improve and enhance: 1) stream, riparian and coastal habitats; 2) water quality in the Great Lakes and its tributaries, including a focal area within Wisconsin’s Lake Michigan Watershed.
In 2022, grant funding will be awarded in six categories:
- Restore and Enhance Stream and Riparian Habitat
- Restore and Enhance Coastal Habitats
- Expand Green Stormwater Infrastructure in Great Lakes Communities
- Maintain and Enhance Benefits of Habitat Restoration through Invasive Species Control
- Restore and Preserve Natural Areas and Biodiversity in Wisconsin’s Lake Michigan Watershed
- Accelerate Implementation of Conservation Practices and Regenerative Agriculture on Working Lands
To be eligible for funding, projects must occur within the Great Lakes basin.
Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and state, tribal and local governments.
Pre-Proposal Due Date: Monday, February 28, 2022, by 11:59 PM ET
Full Proposal Due Date: Monday, April 18, 2022, by 11:59 PM ET