The United Nations University Land Restoration Training Programme (UNU-LRT), in association with the European Network for Advancement of Business and Landscape Education (ENABLE), has created a massive open online course (MOOC) on “Landscape restoration for sustainable development: A business approach” which is open to all and free of charge.
This course is aimed at beginners, business students and professionals as well as anyone with an interest in business-driven landscape restoration.
It offers comprehensive knowledge of landscape degradation and landscape restoration from both the perspective of natural science and from an economics and business administration perspective.
The course program covers such topics as:
- Land degradation and restoration of degraded ecosystems;
- Economics of land degradation;
- Commonland projects: process, team-roles and skills involved;
- Wicked problems and Partnerships;
- How to design a sustainable business model?
- Capstone project: Landscape restoration for sustainable development: a business approach for southeastern Spain.
The duration of the course is 180 days. It starts on May 29, 2017.