On February 12 – 14, 2024 in Savannah, Georgia, Build Reuse will hold their first in-person conference since 2019.
Here are a few of the presentation titles and presenters:
- Reducing Material and Carbon Waste through Deconstruction, Reuse and Design for Disassembly- Stephanie Dalo, Dalo Reuse Innovation
- Structural Timber Reuse- Felix Heisel, Circular Construction Lab, Cornell University
- Running a Commercial Reuse Enterprise: A How-to- Andrew Ellsworth, Doors Unhinged
- How Acquired Experience Influences Perception of the Levers and Barriers of Reuse Practices: Learning from North Americans- Barbara Lambec, EPFL
- Turning Vacant Places into Community Spaces! Adaptive Reuse Success Stories from Minnesota- Melissa Wenzel, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Ecosystem of Players Versus a Silver Bullet- Loriane Icibaci, Superuse Studios
- New Incentives for Material Reuse: The Intersection of Embodied Carbon, New Decision-making Frameworks, and Local Legislation- Hannah Wilson, Arup
These event will also take place:
- Deconstruction Policy Panel (Perspectives from cities across the country with Deconstruction Ordinances)
- A Keynote each day
- Popular “Solutions Sessions” (Suggestions on e-commerce, social media, inventory tracking and more)
- Annual Members Meeting
And a very special in-person event: Sunset Oyster Roast at Re:purpose Savannah.
Image of Savannah courtesy of Build Reuse.